navy

Saturday, September 30, 2017

September

Potty Training was still going on with Everett. To make things easier while we were playing outside I put the potty in the kitchen. I loved this picture of him with his helmet on



later that same day

V brought some cute artwork home from Kindergarten. She is loving school!

Miss Nevaya did not want to stay on the blanket and wanted to be all over the place!

Our tomato plants were HUGE this year, but didn't produce much. 

Everett loves helping in the Kitchen. I had to take a picture of his choice of stool to stand on to help...the Squatty Potty from my bathroom! His hands are clean I promise.

She made all those foods by herself out of playdough. She has started to really love doing artsy things and it makes me so happy!

Daniel was out of town and had a friend drop off flowers and cards for us. 
He's super thoughtful that way. 



We rolled out our white butcher paper and I poured paint onto it for the kids to paint pictures. 


I drew pictures for the kids to fill in with paint. 

The next morning I woke up to noises in the kitchen. Variah had drawn pictures on some paper for her and Everett to paint. I love her drawings! This is a dinosaur for Everett

And Rapunzel for her


She even did the things of paint and taped the paper on the table. She is one smart girl!

Birthday gifts from my mom


Daniel was out of town on my birthday but I had such sweet friends drop off these treats...Anna the chocolate and peanut butter cupcake, Lindsay Camp the Kneaders chocolate bomb, Britni Lively the Cheerios, and Julia the Swig cookie and drink. Such great ladies!



Variah was sharing her toys with Nevaya


We had a birthday dinner at Lisa Swain's for my Grandpa B. Carsten and Variah had so much fun on the swing set.


Everett turned 3! 

His poor little nose...I was pushing him from behind up the slide at my Grandpa's birthday party and I accidentally pushed him up the slide and into the wood slats at the top. So he has 2 scrapes/cuts on each side of his nose from the slats. Mom fail...

Everett's birthday present from my parents was a....

dump truck! Big enough to haul Nevaya around. 

She looked so cute all dressed up for Everett's birthday fun



Everett LOVES construction stuff, so Daniel talked to Bonneville Construction by his work to see if we could come by to look at trucks. They were so nice and let the kids climb in and out of anything they wanted to!










We stopped at the Healing Fields in Sandy after the construction trucks. When Everett was born we were so reluctant to have his birthday on September 11 cuz it was such a sad day in history. I love how a sad day has become such a day of tribute and honor for all those who died that day. Rather than a day of sadness it has become of day of Patriotism. I still get choked up seeing all of these flags, each one representing someone who died that day. 



We stopped at Del Taco for lunch. This kid loves Quesadillas


Our sweet boy with his presents


I attempted an excavator cake to go along with the construction theme...


Of course he had to have a special construction hat

As you can see he really likes construction stuff and was lucky to get lots of presents that he loves!
We sure love our little guy!


I love seeing her in clothes that Variah wore as a baby!




Just eating lunch in his underwear...cuz he's totally potty trained. He is so good at following rules, that potty training him was super easy. You go in the potty, so of course that's what he did, day or night!

Following the line I drew on the paper with some bingo markers. 

Anything to keep them busy for a bit!

We even tried stickers



We celebrated my birthday with burgers at Red Robin. 

I got a shower cap

and some sweatshirts


Rather than having Daniel do a cake for me we just do bundtlets from Nothing Bundt Cakes. They are so good and it keeps the amount of cake to a minimum with 2 birthdays so close together. 


Just playing outside in the dress ups. I have boy dress ups for Everett, but he sees V in dresses so he needs dresses too!

Variah wrote a book for Trey: "Three Sunshine looking down at me"

Pop reading to Nevaya

It was an exciting book...

I find selfies like this all the time from this kid...haha.

It was Hide a Book Day with the Book Fairies. I hid these 2 books...

One at the park by our house


And another in a shopping cart at Sprouts

Nevaya loves Everett's truck

This girl LOVES munching on her toes!

Painting his trucks

He liked washing them off the best

Ciara came to visit one day so we surprised Variah at school when we picked her up. 

Variah drew a hopscotch with all the numbers she could write

She also drew some beautiful flowers

In order for Nevaya to get to her toes to munch on them she first has to remove her sock

She got a little tangled in some material I was working with

We had a teddy bear picnic with Variah and all her classmates at school 



Just laying around

This little one loves to scoot all over the house. Look at that cute face!

When I have to pick up V from school and Nevaya is still asleep I call my neighbor Dena Johnson to come sit at our house. The kids love having her here when we get back cuz sometimes she is able to sit and read a story or two with them. The kids have a cute relationship with Dena and her husband Jerry. They have a dog Soda and the kids take Soda for a walk with them. 

Our cute Nevaya

She has enough hair for a ponytail! 

Our beautiful Variah

All snuggled up in their blankets after taking V to school 



I practiced on Variah's hair one Saturday

Silly Silly Sleepers....






No comments:

Post a Comment