navy

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Eve and Christmas

This year we were with the Taylors for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  We had the annual Jerusalem dinner and then watched the Luke 2 video and The Very First Noel video. I've never seen the Noel video, it is really a cute one! Andy Griffith narrates the tale and the animation is super cute.  After that we put the little ones in their new Christmas pajamas. Variah had opened hers around Thanksgiving at the cabin, but Marika and Brayden opened theirs from Spencer and Tiffany.  Of course we had to do cousin pictures of Marika and Variah since they are only 6 weeks apart. 



We slept at our house and did our own Christmas morning.  My parents gave pajamas to Variah and me, so we took this picture for my parents to say thank you for the pajamas.
We told them Daniel's were a bit chilly, but Variah and I loved ours. We thought we were pretty funny!

 Variah didn't really know what to think with all of that stuff. 
We decided to only do 1 wrapped gift to save ourselves the time, but still give her something to unwrap.

 As you can see, she is now sitting up without help. She still topples over every once in awhile, so we try to stay close by when she's sitting up.

Daniel with his loot


My stash of gifts


She thought we were going to throw her out with the trash

All of our gifts



 Daniel's peacoat, dress shirts, speedo shorts, warm up pants and warm up shirt. In Daniel's stocking there was mostly candy.

My Cricut, silicone dough mat, Hurcules, Cricut tool, Cake decorating kit, red cooking set and spoon-those red things from my mom and dad. In my stocking there were spoons for our pots, a dish towel, chapstick and lifesavers. 
Family Gifts
Books: Bad Ants, The Christmas Train, The Gifts of Imperfections, Phantom Tollbooth DVD (from Debbie and Norman)
Griddle (from Spencer and Tiffany)
Bluetooth Speaker, Snowman quilt (from my parents-Larlie and Pop)


For breakfast I made baked French Toast. I sprinkled green powdered sugar on top and drizzled it with red maple syrup.

Merry Christmas!

Variah loves her new stroller from Larlie and Pop. 




1 comment: