navy

Sunday, December 31, 2017

December

Just holding hands as we left Hobby Lobby one afternoon

This sweet girl turned 10 months and I was finally able to have someone wear those super cute boots! Variah was out of season when she fit them. 



We had the Taylor family Christmas party in Orem on the second. Norman and Debbie were in charge this year. Daniel had to leave early to go do something else, so the kids and I hung out together. 

That night we had the 4Life Christmas party. Daniel won a new IPad! It was pretty exciting. 

Nevaya discovered her hands and loved to just play with them and look at them.

I found this note in my bed from Variah. 

She had read a book at school about a garden and decided she wanted one for her own. She promised that she would do all the work.








She did this all on her own! 

My sleepy little Nevaya. Sometimes I have to wake her up from naps to pick up Variah from school

Another inside activity to keep us busy-colored soap bubbles



Variah was reading to us all

Shredded paper and construction trucks

 Rather than buying moccasins for Nevaya to wear for 2 months, I made some for her!

This was one tired little girl. She fell asleep snuggling with me. She never does this anymore and I love it when she does!

Nevaya and Everett didn't like Variah sleeping however. Yet somehow Variah kept sleeping despite the noises and Nevaya trying to get to V. 

Fun Christmas Tree waffles




For our Christmas Activity Days activity, we made peg doll nativities

They turned out really cute

The Church came out with a countdown to Christmas and encouraged people to serve one another. One of the days the kids wrote a note to our mailman and gave him some cookies

"Thank you for bringing us mail. The Taylors. The Taylors love it"

I hosted the annual Book Club Christmas party


We exchanged the books we were going to be hosting for the year 2018

I love this group of ladies! We call ourselves a club cuz we don't really discuss the books at our "meetings", but I love that we have become close friends that can offer advice and support. 
Front Row: Kelli Green, Natalie Prestwich, Aubrey Zaruba, Clarissa Johnston, Kathleen Fifield, Tiffany Tucker
Back Row: Aly Goalen, Me, Mauri Orme

Playing with the nativity set 



Somehow she escaped from her shirt!

Making doughnut hole snowmen. Variah gave these "kits" to all of her friends for Christmas.  Of course we made our own too!








The morning of the Burningham Christmas party Variah woke up with this weird rash on her cheeks. It almost looked like she had been running outside and had flushed cheeks-which I thought was the case on Friday when she came home from school. After searching the internet, I discovered she had a strain of 5th disease. I self diagnosed. 




Because of the rash, I decided it probably was best if we stayed home from the party. So I met Ciara off of the 53rd south exit and we exchanged things. My mom sent crafts for the kids, gingerbread houses and their gifts. They were going to have spaghetti, so I made spaghetti for my family to eat and we tried to do everything that they were doing at the party. 













Variah and Everett both loved decorating their houses



They were able to open their books from their cousins and the presents from Larlie and Pop

They both got these boogie boards for Church. Variah wrote a note to Larlie and Pop on hers. 

The kids loved them!

For School Variah got to wear Pajamas and do a Polar Express Day. She loved it!

For another service we baked cookies and took them to the Riverton Fire station by our house. Everett was so very excited!!

He even got to sit in the fire truck and turn it on!


Nevaya's head might be a little too big for this headband...

Watching it snow. There is something special about the first snow of the season...

"I want a Barbie House, I need barbie, I'll wear socks, I'll read Zoey (and Sassafrass)"


My attempt at a christmas tree



Oh how I love my new shelf!!


I love these little feet!


Gingerbread girls and boys for a party


All dressed in our Sunday best for Christmas Eve church. I was so excited to have Variah and Nevaya wear the same dress!






I sure love this family of mine!

Because it was Christmas Eve, church was only Sacrament. I love the one hour of church where we sing Christmas songs and sacrament meeting is all about Christ and Christmas. 

Another sweet note from Variah


After church we decorated cookies for Santa





We were invited by a longtime friend of Daniel's to go to the Airport on Christmas Eve to track Santa on the radar. 

We had to wait at security to get special access into the radar tower! It was pretty cool 

We were able to see Santa and his sled on the radar screen. Santa even called us from his sled and talked with the kids. He asked Variah about Kindergarten with Mrs. Richardson. He asked Everett if he was being a good older brother to Nevaya. 

After the airport we came back home for our annual Christmas Eve Fondue dinner. 



After dinner it was time to open our Christmas Eve Pajamas. 

The boys went first


Then it was the girls turn, then it was off to bed. 

Family gifts from Santa


Variah's gifts from Santa

Everett's from Santa

Nevaya's from Santa

Daniel's 

Mom's gifts from Santa and Dad 

Everett got a bag of minion marshmallows in his stocking and he was pretty excited!

Variah loved her Barbie house and didn't want to do anything but play with her house and the dolls

Everett loved riding his bike around the house

Look at all those presents under that tree









Variah even built a squatty potty for her Barbie house



Everett got a tool kit...the safety glasses are the best in my opinion!


Reading her book from Nora 

Everett got the weird strain of 5th Disease just like Variah


Over Christmas Break we went Ice Skating at the Ice Ribbon by our house using the memory money from Debbie and Norman



Variah and Everett were fantastic. Variah did not want to leave the ice. 

Everett was okay going around a few times, then he watched from the sidelines with me. 

Nevaya just wanted Daniel to hold her

Her cute New Years Eve outfit

Our traditional New Years eve Hamburger dinner with the Jeppsons

My last snuggle of 2017 with Nevaya

1 comment: