navy

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Nevaya Danielle's Birth Story

Nevaya Danielle Taylor

Born Thursday February 2, 2017

Riverton, Utah

On January 25th I had my 36 week doctor appointment. While my belly was being measured by Dr. Twelves she asked me if I had big or small babies. I told her the size of both Variah and Everett and then asked why. She said that my belly was growing, but not as much as it should be. She told me that she wanted me to have an ultrasound done to make sure everything was okay.  Dad was at home babysitting the other two kids, so I called him to tell him what was going on.  I was quickly scheduled to see the ultrasound tech. While she did the measuring, I had dad on the phone so he could hear what was being said. Normally we see Nancy for our ultrasounds, but her machine was being looked at by someone.  The ultrasound tech said that everything looked good with the measurements. You were measuring 36 weeks and 4 days, right on track. After she was done we went to talk to Shannon, Dr. Twelves’ nurse. The tech informed her that my amniotic fluids were at a 5.8. They induce at if levels are at 4. I was then put in a room to wait for Dr. Twelves to see what to do next. While I was in there, Nancy came to check on me and see if I was okay. She told me that her Neveah had come early around 35 weeks. She was really cute to reassure me that everything was going to be okay. She is actually where we got your name from during our first ultrasound where we found out you were a girl.

After waiting for a bit, Shannon was able to talk to Dr. Twelves and they decided that I needed to have  a Non Stress Test done. So I was hooked up to a machine and was able to listen to your heartbeat for about 20 minutes. I was then scheduled for Monday for another ultrasound and NST.  While I was having the NST done, I texted Aunt Caitlyn and asked her what the normal amniotic fluid was. She said 10-15. So to be that low wasn’t good. Needless to say the rest of the weekend was very long! I worried the whole time and couldn’t wait for Monday!

On Monday the 30th, fluid levels were pretty much the same as they had been Thursday. So Dr. Twelves decided to have me scheduled for bi weekly visits. On Mondays do an NST and then on Thursdays meet with her, have an ultrasound and do an NST. The Non Stress Test took longer than normal because you kept falling asleep! I had to eat some food and sugar to get you moving and give us a good heartbeat to measure. 

On Thursday February 2nd, I had my hair cut and colored and then picked Variah up from preschool. That afternoon, Abby Remmington came over to babysit so I could meet dad for the Dr. visit. I had the NST and then the ultrasound to check the amniotic fluids. We then met with Dr. Twelves. She measured me at a 1 and she made me a 1 ½.  She told us that the fluids had dropped to a 4 and that we needed to check into the hospital ASAP.  I asked her if I could go home to curl my hair and she said that Dad needed to drop me off at the hospital to get checked in and then he could go home and grab all of my things.  Little did she know that I had driven there, so we both had to go home anyways. We quickly grabbed our packed bags and filled Abbby in on everything. She was okay to stay until Grandma and Grandpa Taylor could get there. We kissed Everett and Variah and told them that we loved them. I called Brooke Franco, my good friend and awesome photographer, to tell her I was going to the hospital. She was going to take pictures of the delivery.
We got to the hospital around 5:00, and they broke my water around 6:00. I was able to curl my hair in the bathroom, but that was weird cuz I was leaking fluids all over. So needless to say I curled it as fast as I could, which wasn’t very good. I was so glad that I had my hair cut and colored that morning!  Once our nurse Sarah had broke my water, the contractions started coming every 6-8 minutes apart. Nothing too painful though.  I was dilated to a 2 and 80% effaced.  Around 7:45 the contractions were getting stronger. I got the epidural around 8:10 and wouldn’t you know it, it was the same anesthesiologist that I had with Variah and Everett! At 8:30 I was dilated to a 9!! We quickly called Brooke to get her to the hospital. She showed up about 8:40. At 9:20 I was complete and dilated to a 10. I was told I could start pushing once Dr. Twelves showed up, which was 9:33.  I pushed several times and you were born at 9:39. Dad was able to deliver you and cut the umbilical chord. You had the sweetest little face. Everything was perfect, they didn’t ever find out why my fluids were low, you just wanted to come early! We spent a long time in the delivery room taking pictures of you and us. We then headed to the maternity wing to sleep. It was a great day!

Variah and Everett came as soon as they could the next morning with Grandma and Grandpa Taylor. Brooke came too and took pictures of the first time your brother and sister met you. They stayed for quite awhile, they didn’t want to go home! Brooke stayed and took lots of pictures of you. She even came back later in the afternoon to take more. We laughed that you had the paparazzi taking pictures of you and that you were the most popular baby there! In fact Brooke took over 2,000 pictures!


We took you home on February 4th to a very excited Variah and Everett! They couldn’t stop smiling at you and talking to you. We sure love you Nevaya!

No comments:

Post a Comment