navy

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Carrie's Bridal Shower

Carrie, Daniel's sister is getting married this Friday. Hooray!! Her husband to be and his kiddos do a movie and pizza night every week. So for her bridal shower which we had on January 11, I did a movie themed party.  Anna hosted the party at her house-thanks Anna!  I lined Anna's sidewalk with stars with actor and actresses names on them to re-create the Hollywood Blvd. star walk.  I also added a red "carpet" up to the door and leading from the door.








 While we were waiting for the last of the guests to arrive, we did a movie title scramble. I'd scrambled up movie titles and the ladies had to unscramble the titles. Tiff won that game and the movie passes and candy prize.

For dinner we did individual pizzas on hoagie buns.  I'd seen pizza made on loaves of French Bread so I figured hoagie buns would be the same.  They tasted great to me. We also had salad, popcorn and cream cheese sheet cake. Thanks to Anna, Tiff and Debbie for helping me with the food.








After dinner we played "Kiss Mr. Darcy".  I had asked her who her Hollywood heart throb was.  She said Mr. Darcy from the BBC Pride and Prejudice.  Weird I know, but I couldn't find a poster of him at any stores-Justin Beiber, yes.  Mr. Darcy, no.  So I had a color copy made of an internet picture.  We applied lipstick, spun around and tried to kiss the hunk on the lips.  Angela, Carrie's friend, was the winner.






During the gift opening, I read some movie themed questions I'd asked Dave about his relationship with Carrie and himself.  An example is "Everyone loves a good Romance, especially those memorable romantic kisses. What is  Dave's most memorable kiss with you?" It was fun learning about Carrie and Dave! Some questions gave us a REALLY good chance to get to know about Carrie and Dave :)



We missed Erin and Alyssa at the shower since both were out of town. 

 


Don't worry ladies, Sam represented for you-eyes closed and all!

Can't wait for Friday the 18th for the temple sealing!

No comments:

Post a Comment