navy

Thursday, August 31, 2017

August

I started August off with two cookie orders-One for Anna to give Melissa who turned 12 and large order for a friend who was hosting a Super Hero camp for kids of all ages






I used a sunscreen stick to put sunscreen on Everett before playing outside one day. He came in and I was worried he was sick until I realized the red all over in random places on his face were places I failed to get with the sunscreen. Haha mom fail for sure!




We love our smiley girl



After watching the Tour de France in July our kids were really excited to learn the Tour of Utah bike race was coming close to our house. So we drove to the area the bikers were coming to, and waited for them to pass us. It was pretty cool. 



Daniel was able to go to the finish line for one of the days when it was close by his work. He said it was pretty awesome to be at the finish line with all the other spectators yelling and cheering. 



Last day with Trey and Lily before they moved to Connecticut


Final touches on Annie's hair

Eating rice cereal for the first time...not really a fan!

But she still gave us some smiles

RSL game thanks to 4Life




We had one last family dinner with everyone before Carter and his family moved. To say there were tears would be an understatement!

All of the Utah cousins except Nevaya



Variah and the kids were outside with some of the dads riding on skateboards and wiggle cars. Variah told the dads she knew what she was doing all by herself on the longboard. Turns out she didn't and when she tried to stop herself, her finger got caught in one of the wheels. It got all mashed up and road rashed. Thankfully Nurse Caitlyn was there to take care of her. 



I'm glad this picture wasn't blurry like I was seeing with my eyes through my tears. These 3 are pretty cute together at parties. We will miss them lots!

V's finger the next day



Everett took this picture while I was doctoring up her finger. 

He loves playing in the rice and beans

Cuz sleeping babies are just the cutest

Visiting the doctor

Variah got her Kindergarten shots. She actually laughed when we finally got them-she was a little sad and scared before but was so brave when she was getting the actual shot!

I love when she snuggles with me



This boy LOVES helping Daniel make breakfast. He gets all these things out of the pantry and even puts the beaters in the mixer! He loves breakfast!!

V's finger getting better. Each day we had to soak it multiple times in salt water and then wrap it while it was wet because wet skin heals faster.

I ordered dinner from this Crust Club in Pleasant Grove. The brought chicken pot pie and little turn overs. I loved having a healthier dinner delivered to my door. 


Oh our happy Nevaya

I put a burp cloth around her head and her eyes just seemed to pop, so of course I had to take a picture of her sweet little face with those expressive eyes. 

Hanging out outside. Nevaya munching on her toes-her favorite thing to do

V's finger looking so much better!

My neighbor Oravanh brought me some crawdads again. I love them-the neighbors and the crawdads. 


She likes to have her foot in the air when she's relaxing eating her bottle. Haha

Everett put his shorts on all by himself...hmm might need to work on that

Variah did my hair in all these elastics all by herself. She was pretty proud

Variah had a preschool friend over for a second time and that cute little girl asked to do the sticker things we'd done the time before. I hung up sheets of paper and put 1 sticker on each page. Then I gave each girl a sheet of stickers and they had to match the sticker with the one on the paper. 

Everett massaging my head-heaven!

Family History moment 

Variah made Daniel lunch one day. She was so excited to get this picture of him eating it at work!

Daniel was awesome and took the kids to his parents house from Friday afternoon to Saturday night so I could have the house to myself and just relax. It was so needed and appreciated. I was able to watch some of my shows and eat some yummy take out. 

Snuggling with Grandma

Everett got to make some muffins with grandma. He loved doing it

Reading time

They took a bike ride to visit Stephen and his kiddos

They also visited Grandpa Carson


Sunday movie as a family

Variah had a meltdown one night about who knows what and Daniel took a picture

Pretending to be pregnant

A once in a lifetime experience for some...a solar eclipse on August 21. The band of visibility went right through Idaho, so it was close to totality here in Utah. Daniel stayed home so he could watch it with us. It was really cool to see the shadows that were made when the moon covered the sun. Debbie gave us some glasses to wear while we looked at the sun. I made some viewing things for the kids to use. 















All dressed to play in the rain


Doing some cosmic yoga on youtube. She loves doing it and I love watching her do it while I feed Nevaya. 

My sweet girls

Potty Training began with Everett. He was awesome and so easy to train! He's such a rule follower like his dad that once I established rules for going potty he followed them. Hardly ANY accidents! Naps and Bedtime included!!


Almost all the way healed up!


Everett and Daniel visited the nearby fire station. The fireman were really nice and showed them all around the fire station. 


Meeting Variah's Kindergarten teacher Mrs. Richardson. I knew by the Dr. Seuss bulletin board I was going to like her

I couldn't help but get teary eyed with all of this. School has been such a big part of my life, especially elementary schools. I loved meeting my new students every year and to experience it as a mom was kinda surreal. 

Making slime


I love how excited she gets to see us when she wakes up!

Molluscum continues... on her face now....

All over her thighs

The amount of bandaids we go through everyday to cover and take care of the molluscum! I soak some makeup pads pieces in apple cider vinegar and with tweezers put them on the molluscum bumps, then cover that with a bandaid. EVERYDAY!! 

V swimming at her friend Gracie's house

After swimming and sliding the girls put on some make up. 

Variah and Larlie color pictures and send them back and forth to each other. Variah was pretty excited to get this one in the mail

Swimming in the backyard





Our back to school dinner...pizza and peanut butter bars


Variah hugging Daniel after his father's blessing for her

V got this cute note with some magic confetti to help with her night before jitters from her teacher



Breakfast before her first day of school

So cute and so very ready for Kindergarten!







The eager parents easily outnumbered the Kindergartners!

She was so excited!

Mrs Heather Richardson


Final wave before walking in the school doors

I loved picking her up after school and hearing all about her day!

She got some pop rocks from her teacher because she rocked her first day of school 

Our cute neighbor Dena Johnson bought these bubble blowers for her and one for Everett to celebrate Variah's first day of school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment