navy

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

October

October started off with General Conference 

I made a tasty treat of Pumpkin Cheerios and freeze dried marshmallows. 

I always love taking pictures of the kiddos watching conference because it's amazing how much they change in 6 months time!

We love taking silly pictures

I practiced hairstyles on Variah during conference. It was perfect because we were running late getting her to school or anywhere else. She got to sit and watch conference. 

This little one was 8 months on the 2nd. She is wearing the exact outfit I had Variah in for one of her month pictures. I sure love seeing them in the same clothes. 

She loves her feet still. Even while she was drinking her bottle she had to be holding on to her foot. Such a silly girl!

Variah's school had a walk to school day. If we walked to school we would have to start at 6 am or so to get there. So to help Variah still participate in the fun activity, I parked the van a block away and we walked to school. The firemen were there from Herriman City handing out applesauce pouches and fruit leathers. The kids loved it, esp Everett! 

"Variah Ann Taylor had a good day at school today.  I love you. To Anybody. Love V"
Oh how I love her little notes and her phonetic spelling

Nothing like a spider for a treat!

All that practicing paid off and she was able to wear this cute hair style to school. 

Variah used a scratch piece of paper to write her teacher a note. I loved this side of it, "You don't need to look at this." haha

"Mrs. Richardson. I can Listen for you. I love you. Love Variah"


They had Parents and Pastries at V's school. The PTA provides muffins, bagels, fruit, juice and milk for families and students. 

I sure love when they fall asleep in my arms! 

Caitlyn stopped by for a visit and didn't have to rush off to school, so we played in the sandbox with her. 

Variah's sand castle

She also built this awesome horse stable


Daniel took Variah and Everett to a Home Depot Kids Class. They built fire station banks. 




Playing in the leaves



Camille went through the temple in preparation for her mission in January. Erin and her boys are living with Debbie since it isn't safe to be in Puerto Rico post hurricane Maria. 

A picture Everett colored in nursery

This little Nevaya loves doing what the big kids do

I pulled back my coves and jumped cuz these plastic spiders jumped too! The kids had hidden them in my bed. Daniel and I had a good laugh about it. 

Variah's school did a fun run fundraiser. They did some exercises before they ran laps around on the grass. 


Everett joined right in with Variah and her friend Jack

He even helped himself to a snack



Variah got a coloring book from Larlie and Pop that has an interactive feature. The pictures she colors come alive and she can take pictures with them. 

My toenails and fingernails are all painted and ready for our 4Life cruise with Royal Caribbean. 

One last snuggle before we were off

Variah told me the school photographer said she was a Natural. I agree! Look at that cute smile

She loves her food to the fullest!


On our flight to Florida! 

We ate at Bass Pro Shop in Miami and couldn't resist taking our picture with this shark outside the restaurant. 

Fried Alligator with Spicy Ranch dipping sauce. It was surprisingly really good. 




Our cruise room. 

This cruise ship was AMAZING! We were on the 8th floor which was Central Park. So we got to enjoy walking through this garden/park anytime we went from one side of the boat to the other. There were rooms that looked out over Central Park rather than the ocean. Not a bad view in my opinion, better than a wall or no view!

They had a carousel on one of the floors for the kids to ride! I mean come on, its a cruise ship! Like I said, Amazing!



Some yummy treats waiting for us in our room, welcoming us on the cruise. 

The rock climbing wall on the back of the ship.

We each got a tumbler for our drinks. I used mine for water, but it was meant for fountain drinks during the day.

We saw this gallery of pictures in one of the stairwells, and I thought it looked like temples from around the world rather than landmarks like the Leaning Tower of Pisa. 

The enormity of our cruise ship! HUGE

I didn't know Daniel liked having herbal tea after his meals! 7 years of marriage and I'm still learning things. 

On our ride out to the blue lagoon for our swim with Dolphins!!! So excited

Daniel did some snorkeling before our dolphin swim

So incredibly AMAZING! They feel like hot dogs

Daniel's co-worker's daughter Lexi joined us on the Dolphin swim

Because I was in the middle I got 2 cheek kisses


Daniel did something to deserve this I'm sure of it....


But then he was forgiven and got a hug from the Dolphin

I on the other hand got nothing but love

Dancing with his dolphin friend

Dance, Dance, Dance

The dolphins put their nose on your feet and gave you a push

It was so cool! Almost like flying

Doing a flip trick to say good-bye

Driving past Atlantis



Our ship compared to a Carnival ship

The food every night was so good. I really like cruise food-maybe cuz I don't have to make it and I can eat whatever I want and how much I want? 

These two LOVED the tiger shrimp cocktails and ordered several plates each night. The waitress ended up giving them larger plates and by the end of the week a giant plate for the whole table to share. She was pretty great!

Creme Brulee

The egg and the sperm dessert. HAHA That's all I could see when they brought it to me!

Waiting to see one of the shows

Ashley and Tyson sent us this picture of cute Nevaya. I don't know how that was comfortable for her! Ashley and Tyson watched our kids for half of the trip and my mom the other half. My dad helped her out too on some of the days. 

Daniel playing basketball-Green and White shorts

White night at the club. The 4Lifers took over one of the salsa night clubs. It was so much fun! I love dancing and made sure Daniel and I were dancing lots and lots. One of the platinum distributors-the highest rank at 4Life, told Daniel he was in Jail. Meaning I had him trapped on the dance floor. The next morning his wife asked me where I'd learned to dance. It made me feel good that a Latin lady would ask me that. She told me she looked for me later that night to dance with me and some other ladies. I guess for a white girl I can hold my own with Salsa music. 

When we were Cozumel we heard about an abandoned hotel that had great food and lots of great beach with toys and things. So that's what we did for our excursion with lots of other 4Lifers. The hotel wasn't running anymore, but the Kitchen still served food and the bathrooms were nice and clean. It was a great place to go and pretty cheap for a day at the beach. 






We decided to play some miniature golf

She had pretty good form so I thought I should copy her


Daniel and I played in a volleyball competition and took second place with our team. It was pretty fun!


Dress up night is always a fun night! 

Baked Alaskan

Waiting for the diving show-YES, they have divers at the back of the ship and a whole water show! The ship was AMAZING

And not to be forgotten, an ICE SKATING RINK! Yep, still on a cruise ship!

Central Park at night

The "natives" greeted us at Costa Maya


We spent the day at the beach. It wasn't as nice as Cozumel, but I can't ever pass up guacamole and chips! 

Call me crazy but this was the most time I spent in the ocean. I love just being able to sit on the beach with my toes in the sand, listening to the waves and reading a good book. But pictures with Daniel in the water got me out in the ocean...


Back at the port they had a bunch of different birds to see and take pictures with

Back on the ship that night we watched Wonder Woman outside under the stars. I love watching things on the big screens outside on cruise ships. Our first cruise Daniel and I went on with 4Life we got to watch March Madness basketball games. On the Disney cruise we watched Disney movies. So much fun!

We did some ziplining on the cruise ship. Yep, a zipline on the cruise ship!

Rock Climbing was also fun-but a lot of muscle was needed!

Daniel's favorite thing was the flow rider where he practiced knee boarding. I was the photographer cuz something about learning how to knee board with about 30 people watching me wipe out didn't sound fun. 

He got to be pretty good by the end of the cruise

Saying good-bye to the ship. They had an old fashioned car for people to look at on the main floor. 


We got home just in time to carve pumpkins with the kiddos. My parents had bought pumpkins for us to carve with the kids. The kids sure had fun with their babysitters. Ashley and Tyson took them to Farmer Luke's even. 

And to avoid cuts and the kids not being involved, we don't carve pumpkins, we paint them. So much easier!

Shirts from Cozumel for the kids and sunglasses from 4Life

Even Nevaya got a shirt

Another fun hairstyle for V

The last of our garden. Our tomato plant was HUGE but only gave us a few red tomatoes. It had lots of green ones though. 


Field Trip to Farmer Luke's

Daniel got to go with Variah 

L-R ?, Hadley, Kypton (twins)





We went to Home Depot to pick out a storm door for our front door. These kids love the shopping car carts

Annual Burningham Family Halloween Party. These two dressed up as each other. I always love seeing what they come up with!

Our circus family

The strong man who can lift 1000 lbs!

Our tightrope walker who has no fears about heights

Our ferocious little lion

Whom I've tamed to be calm enough to pet

And our talented juggler



Bubble Guppies, Peacock and Hunter, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, Kitty Cat and Scarecrow, Circus Family, Lauren and Glen and Great Grandpa B

Frosting Sugar Cookie Pumpkins




Getting Ready for the sawdust scramble

They loved getting all the candy. There was money in the sawdust, but the candy was more important to the kids

But the adults LOVED finding the money...


Daniel found a gold mine and my sisters were quick to attack!

But they couldn't stop him. He was the night's big winner

Spider web hair for school

Waiting for the Halloween Costume Parade to start at V's school


Of course Everett decided he had to go to the bathroom just at the parade was starting...So we ran to the front of the school-we were in the very back.


Thankfully we made it in time to see Variah's class walk by our spot in the back.


Her shirt says, "I love my Mummy"

I made some Maccaroni and Cheese pumpkins 

Making Mummy pizzas for dinner

Some pretty fall flowers from Daniel for me

All ready for trick or treating around the neighborhood



They loved running together


Our little lion stayed in my arms for the houses on our street. Then we went home, I put her to bed and passed out candy while Daniel took the two older kids out around the neighborhood. 

Look at all that candy





Bring on the sugar rush!

No comments:

Post a Comment